TORRANCE, CA (April 2, 2015) – Edelbrock has introduced a new Rollin’ Thunder camshaft for small-block Chevrolet engines.
Designed to improve horsepower and torque, it produces an evocative idle sound yet provides sufficient vacuum. Rollin’ Thunder camshafts feature more aggressive lift profiles than conventional flat-tappet hydraulic cams, without excessive valve overlap that can compromise low rpm driveability.
The new Rollin’ Thunder camshaft (#2231) is designed specifically for use with 1957-86 Chevrolet 283-400 V8 engines. It features a unique profile that will provide sufficient vacuum at idle for power brakes and other vacuum-powered accessories. In addition it includes assembly lube and instructions (lifters sold separately). During testing, this camshaft produced 460 HP and 460 ft-lb of torque when matched with a Performer RPM intake manifold (#7516), a Thunder Series AVS carburetor (#1813) and Performer RPM E-Tec cylinder heads (#60985) on an Edelbrock 383 crate engine.
- Rollin’ Thunder camshafts are designed for optimum power from 1,500 to 6,500 rpm
- Rollin’ Thunder camshaft (#2231) is designed for use with 1957-86 Chevrolet 283-400 V8 engines
- It produced 460 HP and 460 ft-lb of torque on an Edelbrock 383 c.i.d. crate engine
- Features aggressive profiles that will also provide excellent performance with sufficient vacuum at idle for power brakes and other vacuum-powered accessories
- Includes camshaft, assembly lube and instructions.
For more information visit www.edelbrock.com