Construction delays at Galot Motorsports Park in Benson, North Carolina, have necessitated a change in the International Hot Rod Association™ (IHRA) schedule for the Summit Racing Equipment Pro-Am Tour Presented by AMSOIL.
The new date for the single-event Divisions 1 and 9 meet will be August 7-9.
An updated, printable schedule may be obtained here.
The IHRA offers something no other sanctioning body does for its Sportsman competitors: free, live webcasts of every Summit Racing Equipment Pro-Am Tour Presented by AMSOIL event. The broadcasts are sponsored by Summit Racing. To view the free live broadcasts, simply click on the webcast icon on the main page of www.IHRA.com.
Galot Motorsports Park is located at 555 Dragstrip Road in Benson, North Carolina. For more information please visit www.galotmotorsportspark.com or call (828) 612-3574.
IHRA Nitro Jam stars tuning up for May 29-30 Summer Nationals at Cordova International Raceway, IL
The next event on the 2015 IHRA Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series schedule is the May 29-30 Summer Nationals at Cordova International Raceway in Cordova, Illinois. IHRA Nitro Jam teams are making good use of the time off following back-to-back national events in Florida (April 17-18 in Bradenton and April 24-25 in Palm Beach).
IHRA Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series
Nitro Jam is “heads-up” drag racing entertainment – first racer to the finish line wins – in all five pro categories. The exciting show includes qualifying and eliminations for: Crower Pro Mod, Amsoil Nitro Funny Car Presented by Aeromotive, U.S. Bounty Hunters Pro Stock, Nitro Harley and Jet Dragster classes.
Nitro Jam also includes spectacular, flame-belching runs by the U.S. Fire Department jet-powered fire truck. The antique 1940 Ford fire truck is powered by not one, but two jet engines and its top speed of 407 miles per hour was recorded recently on a decommissioned WW II airstrip.
Fans may save money by purchasing tickets in advance. Kids (ages 6-12) tickets are only $10.
IHRA NITRO JAM SUMMER NATIONALS SCHEDULE:
FRIDAY, MAY 29
Pre-race ceremonies – 6:45 p.m.
First round of Nitro Jam qualifying – 7 p.m.
Second round of Nitro Jam qualifying – 9 p.m.
SATURDAY, MAY 30
Third round of Nitro Jam qualifying – 2 p.m.
Pre-race ceremonies — 4:45 p.m.
First round of Nitro Jam eliminations – 5 p.m.
Second round of Nitro Jam eliminations – 7 p.m.
Final round of Nitro Jam eliminations – 8:30 p.m.
Schedule subject to change.
TICKETS: AFFORDABLE FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT – KIDS TICKETS ARE ONLY $10.
ADVANCE TICKET PRICES
Friday Adult — $20.
Friday Child (ages 6-12) — $10.
Saturday Adult — $25.
Saturday Child (ages 6-12) — $10.
All tickets include a free pit pass.
Cordova International Raceway is located at 19425 IL Rt. 84 N, Cordova, Illinois. For more information, please call (309) 654-2110 or visit www.racecir.com.
Redline Raceway joins IHRA family of tracks: Texas drag strip’s reopening targeted for June 1
IHRA is proud to announce that the owner of Redline Raceway has signed a multi-year sanctioning agreement to join the IHRA as a member track.
“We are pleased to welcome Redline Raceway to our growing IHRA family,” said IHRA President Scott Gardner. “We certainly are impressed with the work under way at this important Texas facility.”
The 1/8-mile track, located in Caddo Mills, east of Dallas, is undergoing extensive improvements. To say the local racers and fans may not recognize the place on opening day might be an understatement.
“We’re pouring a lot of concrete today,” said Redline Raceway owner Mike Adcock. “We’re replacing the walls and the concrete on the track. We’re replacing the shutdown area. The road coming into the race track is about 500 yards of concrete by itself. We’ll have new Accutime LED scoreboards. We’re building a new ET house and putting in new scales. There’s lots happening
“I bought the track last March and it was in really poor shape. The season already was under way so I let the year finish up. That whole year I knew what I was going to do. I have a budget of $750,000 this time. We’re shooting for June 1 as our opening date.”
“Mike Adcock’s commitment to the racing scene in the Dallas area is so important, not least reopening this track after it closed,” said IHRA Division Director Frank Kohutek. “So many Texas tracks are closing and Mike is keeping the IHRA torch burning in Dallas by making such a big financial commitment. Not just reopening the track, but also giving it such an extreme makeover. It is a testament to his commitment to the racers and fans in the Lone Star State.”
For more information on Redline Raceway, please call (903) 527-5911 or visit www.redlineraceway.com. Redline Raceway is located at 5326 FM 1565 South, Caddo Mills, Texas.
Current points for IHRA Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series after four events
AMSOIL NITRO FUNNY CAR PRESENTED BY AEROMOTIVE
- Mike McIntire (Mentor, Ohio) “McAttack” 384
- Jason Rupert (Yorba Linda, California) “Bays & Rupert Black Plague” 339
- Tim Boychuk (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) “Hawaiian” 292
- Mark Sanders (Maple Valley, Washington) “Mr. Explosive” 225
- Paul Romine (Fishers, Indiana) “Man O’ War” 183
- Steve Nichols (Newark, Delaware) “Steve Nichols” 155
- Bruce Litton (Indianapolis, Indiana) “U.S. Male” 101
- Mike Smith (Boynton Beach, Florida) “Jungle Jim” (red car) 95
- Kris Krabill (Kent, Washington) “Bardahl Northwest Hitter” 73
- John Hale (Addison, Texas) “One Bad Texan” 72
- Ronny Young (Wylie, Texas) “Blue Max” 52
- Roger Garten (Fallbrook, California) “War Horse” 52
- Bob Godfrey (Moreno Valley, California) “Burnin’ Money” 50
- Will Martin (Chino, California) “Speed Racer” 49
- Rick Krafft (Chesterton, Indiana) “Jungle Jim” (blue car) 49
- Michael Halstead (Fontana, California) “Candies & Hughes” 10
- Dennis Swearingen (Carson, California) “Nitro Cowboy” 10
- Jordan Pawlick (Alberta, Canada) 10
CROWER PRO MOD – After 2 Events
- Isaias Rojas (San Juan, Puerto Rico) 212
- Jimmy Keen (Parrish, Florida) 210
- Bill Lutz (Canal Winchester, Ohio) 123
- Ruben Tetsoshvili (Wesley Chapel, Florida) 106
- Dina Parise (New Freedom, Pennsylvania) 101
- Kevin Fiscus (Jacksonville, Florida) 73
- Mike Pruss (West Palm Beach, Florida) 51
- Chuck Mohn (Fountainville, Pennsylvania) 24
- Jerico Balduf (New Smyrna Beach, Florida) 21
U.S. BOUNTY HUNTERS PRO STOCK
- John Montevcalvo (Center Moriches, New York) 359
- Cary Goforth (Holdenville, Oklahoma) 279
- J.R. Carr (Pasco, Washington) 275
- Trevor Eman (Pos Chiquito, Aruba) 236
- Kevin Bealko (Bridgeport, West Virginia) 223
- John DeFlorian Jr. (Arnold, Missouri) 220
- Cale Aronson (Chillicothe, Missouri) 143
- Matthew Bertsch (Tecumseh, Michigan) 141
- Scott Hintz (Odessa, Texas) 134
- Dean Goforth (Holdenville, Oklahoma) 128
- John Konigshofer (Otterville, Ontario, Canada) 119
- Brad Waddle (Salina, Kansas) 53
- John Pluchino (Commack, New York) 20
- Scott Benham (Conroe, Texas) 10
- Jay Turner (Julian, North Carolina) 334
- Tracy Kile (Asheville, North Carolina) 317
- Randal Andras (Amelia, Louisiana) 305
- Alvin Kobernusz (Manly, Iowa) 193
- Rickey House (Humble, Texas) 185
- Brian Jernigan (Cypress, Texas) 165
- Jim Fagan (Valley City, Ohio) 154
- Larry “Drums” Brancaccio (Nutley, New Jersey) 135
- Takeshi Shigematsu (Ehime, Japan) 96
- Lyle Newton (Naniamo, British Columbia, Canada) 83
- Tii Tharpe (East Bend, North Carolina) 75
- Ron Gledhill (Cochise, Arizona) 74
- Bob Molloy (Elmton, Maryland) 72
- Mark Conner (Robertsville, Missouri) 51
- Rocky Jackson (Youngsville, Louisiana) 51
- Chris Streeter (Cleveland, Ohio) 10
- Elaine Larsen (West Welborne, Florida) 403
- Katarina Moller (Sarasota, Florida) 348
- Shea Holbrook (Groveland, Florida) 216
- Marisha Falk (Port Orange, Florida) 206
- Allison West (Coral Springs, Florida) 74
SCOREBOARD: 2015 Nitro Jam Victories To Date
Crower Pro Mod
Isaias Rojas – 1 (April 18 – Bradenton)
Jimmy Keen – 1 (April 25 – Palm Beach)
AMSOIL Nitro Funny Car presented by Aeromotive
Mike McIntire – 3 (Feb. 7 – Tucson; April 18 – Bradenton; April 25 – Palm Beach)
Tim Boychuk – 1 (March 14 – Baton Rouge)
U.S. Bounty Hunters Pro Stock
John Montecalvo – 2 (April 18 – Bradenton; April 25 – Palm Beach)
Cary Goforth – 1 (Feb. 7 – Tucson)
Kevin Bealko – 1 (March 14 – Tucson)
Jay Turner – 2 (Feb. 7 – Tucson; April 25 – Palm Beach)
Tracy Kile – 1 (March 14 – Baton Rouge)
Randal Andras – 1 (April 18 – Bradenton)
Elaine Larsen – 2 (Feb. 7 – Tucson; April 18 – Bradenton)
Kat Moller – 1 (March 14 – Baton Rouge)
Marisha Falk – 1 (April 25 – Palm Beach)